The BlackOUT Collective’s mission is to train 10,000 black people in the next 4 years to be direct action practitioners and strategist through campaign, abolitionist and rapid response frameworks. Given BlackOUT Collective’s analysis of the strengths and needs in the field, the expertise in our team and our theory of change, Blackout collective’s goals are:
- Strengthen and support individual leaders and organizers to build the skills, expertise, confidence and capacity to executive effective direct action
- Work closely with local organizing organizations to integrate direct action strategies into their existing campaign strategies and frameworks
- Build potential leaders ability to leverage strategic direct action for winnable demands, nurture budding community organizers, and create lasting community power
- Build solidarity and alliances with communities invested in ending anti-Blackness – specifically Asian, Latino and Indigenous Communities.
- Uplift direct actions happening across the country and share with leaders
In service to our goals and our unique contributions, we have:
- Coordinated 35 actions across country in partnership with grassroots organizations and non-profits
- Trained 2,050 direct action practitioners
- Supported over 63 actions that have made local,regional, and national impact
- Provided support and training to movement organizations
- and much more.